Tuesday 31 March 2009

A nice surprise in a HUGE box!

I love it when I get a parcel in the post, it's so much fun tearing off the paper to reveal what goodies are inside. It's even more exciting when the parcel is unexpected and you have no idea what it could possibly be.

A couple of weeks parcel arrived for me, it was a huge box, "that's funny" I thought, as I hadn't ordered anything. Inside the box was a wooden crate of the kind that zoos might transport deadly poisonous snakes in. I tentatively opened the crate and then it became clear, what was inside wasn't snakes (which was a relief!) it was something far more useful, and tasty. Muesli.
I ate all my muesli before I realised it might be a good idea to take a photo! This picture is courtesy of Kelloggs.

Kellogg's had contacted me a few weeks earlier to ask if I would like to try their new muesli range, of course I said yes and then promptly forgot all about it. The crate contained all four flavours of their new Nature's Pleasure range for me to try, they even sent me a bowl and a spoon!

The flavours were:

Almond, pecan and cashews: A bit dull and bland but a good basic muesli with plenty of crunch. If you like you breakfast quite plain or your not keen on fruit in your muesli then this is the one for you.

Almond, pecan and raisins: This one is very similar to the almond, pecan and cashew version but with raisins!

Apple and blackcurrant: I really liked this one, just as crunchy as the others but with big pieces of freeze-dried apples and blackcurrants and a hint of cinnamon, delicious.

Raspberry and cherry: The overall winner for me by a country mile, oaty crunchy goodness with tangy flavourful raspberries and cherries, this is as close to my idea of perfect muesli as I'm ever likely to find in a box!

One thing that really impressed me about these was that there was nothing strange or artificial in the ingredients list, in fact I think I have almost everything I need to make my own in my cupboards right now!

Nature's pleasure should be in the shops sometime around April so if you want to try some for yourself look out for it!

11 comments:

Katie said...

I love freebies... (did all you PR people hear that... I LOVE FREEBIES!) I got some vodka drinks a few weeks ago which were rather nice. This does appear to be a tad healthier tho, and very generous of them to send you so much!

Hopie said...

Sounds like a fun way to start out the day: tasting muesli. MUCH better than tasting snakes ;-)

Amanda said...

Yum! I love anything meuslix-y or granola-ish. Unfortunately most products are so loaded with sugar and not quite as much fiber as I would need to balance it out. Here's hoping for a sugar-free granola some day!

James said...

Now there's an idea. I bet oven dried blackcurrants would be lush. Just have to wait for the pick your own to get going....

Karen said...

They all sound good. Isn't it fun to get stuff in the mail :)

Pam said...

Love getting goodies in the mail... the raspberry cherry sounds great.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Raspberry and cherry sounds delicious!

Joie de vivre said...

Yeah, I'd say muesli would be much better than a box full of snakes!

Thanks for the layout compliment. I hired The Blog Fairy http://www.theblogfairy.com/. She exceeded all of my expectations and it was such a relief not to have to figure out all of the html stuff myself, that is way beyond my capabilities.

Anonymous said...

1)I'm Very Glad you didn't receive snakes in the mail :)

2)Thanks for letting us know there's nothing weird in the ingredient list. Just when I was starting to get all cynical about Kellogg's, you came through with the "all clear!"

3)I'll keep an eye out--your fave will probably be the one we try first.

The Caked Crusader said...

What a lovely gift! Why don't i ever get nice mysterious packages....?

Nic said...

More freebies, that's what I say! Especially anything with Baileys in, lol!