Mine was a chicken curry although I think it would be good with prawns as well.
I served this with Jasmine rice, it was the first time I'd tried it and I'm so glad I did, it's slightly sticky and just right with this kind of food.
Roughly this is how to make it
- First fry a finely chopped onion and a couple of cloves of garlic until just softened but not brown.
- Then add a chopped sweet red pepper.
- followed by diced chicken, I prefer thighs but breast is fine, I allow 1/2pound per person.
- Stir in a good dollop of Thai green curry paste. (sorry I can't be more precise, it really depends how hot you want it)
- When everything is cooking nicely add a tin of coconut milk stir and simmer for about 20-30 mins.
- Towards the end of cooking time add baby corn, sugar snap peas and fresh coriander, season with Thai fish sauce to taste. (this takes the place of salt)
- Serve on Jasmine rice with fresh coriander and a wedge of lime.