- 1 pork belly weighing around 1kg or bigger diced into 1 1/2 inch squares
- Sea salt
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- A glass of red wine
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
- Melt about a tablespoon of lard in a very hot pan and brown the cubes of pork until they are golden all over.
- Season the pork with the salt and put all the pieces into a roasting dish along with the garlic, red wine, thyme and the fat from the frying pan.
- cook in a low oven for anywhere from 2-4 hours until the meat is very tender.
- Leave the meat in the roasting dish until cold and eat with good bread.