I learnt the trick to making a decent carbonara sauce from watching Jamie Oliver. It is important to take the pasta off the heat before adding the eggs, this prevents them from scrambling and gives you a silky smooth sauce. The other important thing to remember is to add freshly ground black pepper, lots and lots of it, this dish needs it!
Courgette carbonara recipe
- 400g spaghetti or other pasta
- 250g bacon chopped
- 2 courgettes chopped
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- Large handful of parmesan grated
- Finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Put your pasta on to boil.
- While the pasta is cooking fry your bacon and courgettes in a large pan.
- Once your pasta is cooked remove from the heat and toss in the beaten eggs, work quickly and make sure all the pasta is coated.
- Add the remaining ingredients reserving a little parmesan and mix well.
- Serve with a sprinkling of the reserved parmesan.