Well, In my current state of having no time to do anything I was extremely happy to be sent some of Activia's new pouring yogurt to try, they even sent me a recipe for some delicious homemade granola to go with it.Pouring yogurt is a relatively new concept in the UK, I think I've seen it once before but it disappeared from the shelves pretty quickly. The taste is as good as the best yogurt you can buy, it's smooth and creamy and has that yogurty tang that I love. What makes this yogurt special is that it has a thinner consistency which makes it perfect for pouring over you breakfast cereal or it would be great for making smoothies or pouring over summer fruits for a snack.
The new Activia yogurt comes in three flavours, plain, vanilla and strawberry all of which are really tasty. My personal favourite is the plain, it sounds boring but what I really like about it is that it's so versatile, I can add all manner of lovely things like nuts fruit or honey.The granola recipe they sent me used maple syrup which I didn't have so I modified it to use honey instead, I also added some walnuts and seeds. Even if you can't get the yogurt you should definitely try this, it takes 5 minutes to put together, tastes great and makes a perfect breakfast. I've been eating mine with pouring yogurt and honey...
Homemade honey, walnut and seeds granola
- 200ml honey
- 45g butter
- 300g rolled oats (not the quick cook kind)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 75g each of walnut peices, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds (or use whatever nuts and seeds you like)
- 1 or 2 handfuls of sultanas or raisins
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a small pan melt the butter and the honey together, meanwhile in a large bowl mix the oats, salt and nuts and seeds.
- Once the butter and honey mixture has melted pour it into the bowl with the oats and mix everything well.
- Pour the mix out onto the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. You may need to turn the mixture once or twice during cooking to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Once cooked leave to cool then mix in the sultanas.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!