One way of using up leftover turkey is this curry which, has become something of a tradition in my family and is as certain as Christmas dinner itself! It's a great way to turn your leftovers into something fresh and completely different.Turkey curry recipe.
- 2 Onions, finely chopped.
- 2 Cloves of garlic crushed.
- 1 Green (or red) Chilli chopped.
- 1 tsp each (or more if you like) Turmeric, coriander and cumin.
- Leftover turkey meat cut into chunks.
- 400g tin of tomatoes.
- 200ml Chicken or turkey stock.
- 5 tbsp natural yoghurt.
- Chopped fresh coriander to serve.
- Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to a large pan and fry the onions until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and stir, fry for a minute more.
- Add all of the spices and mix well, fry for one more minute.
- add the chopped turkey, stock and the tinned tomatoes, stir everything, cover the pan and leave to simmer very gently for 15 minutes.
- Finally stir in the yoghurt, season with salt and serve with rice or naan bread.